Brazil (100 x Smooth Espresso)
Regular price £39.00
A smooth and creamy coffee with a fantastic feel in the mouth.
|Strength||5 / 7|
|Quality||83.5 (SCAA score)|
Fazenda Pantano has a beautiful, rich and balanced flavour profile with notes of milk chocolate and praline with a hint of tangerine. It is the perfect option for those who prefer a full bodied, creamy espresso and will also go really well with milk.
About the Coffee
Fazenda Pantano is owned by Wagner Ferrero who has taken an innovative approach to coffee farming in a country that is mostly focused on the commercial pressures of coffee production. First of all there are only 300 hectares of land used for the production of coffee â€“ the other 200 hectares have been set aside for permanent natural forest reserves which is six times more than the legal requirement under Brazilian law.
The most interesting factor though has got to be Wagners commitment to research. He has planted over 200 varietals of coffee on his farm, many of which are experimental plots, and he is working in line with the Brazilian Coffee Research Institute to experiment with processing and Flavour. As a result of Wagner's unique approach to farming, he won the coveted "Globo Rural" award for being the "Most Sustainable Perennial Farmer in Brazil in 2014 - an extremely prestigious accolade considering the thousands of farms that entered the competition and the fierce level of judging.
Wagner was awarded this prize based on his approach to food safety and environmental and social responsibility. Along with the local school, Pantano also funds training schemes and courses for its staff and runs programmes on agronomy for local school children so that they are educated in how to grow their own vegetables and potentially become the coffee farmers of the future!
How to prepare
To get the most out of your Toast Coffee Pods we’d recommend the following:
- Use the espresso function on your machine. Toast Coffee Pods have been designed to extract as an espresso, please use the espresso button on your machine and not the lungo or ristretto (if your machine has this setting) option when making your coffee
- Use filtered tap water, this will best showcase the flavour of the coffee. We’d particularly recommend this in areas of hard water, as hard water can lead to coffee tasting slightly flat and bitter
- Warm your cup, to retain the delicate flavours of the coffee. To do this we recommend running water from your machine into your cup, this will also help to rinse your machine
- Warm your milk (if applicable), to retain the delicate flavours of the coffee. For best results use whole milk as this will lead to a better texture and will make the coffee taste richer, sweeter and creamier, the difference in fat content is only between 1 and 2% and it makes such a difference to the taste – you will also find the coffee is naturally sweet which should negate the need to use sugar (which adds extra calories!).
- Make small drinks to fully appreciate the quality and delicate flavours of our single-origin specialty coffee. Please refer to our guidance, which is aligned with leading specialty coffee shops, on the volume of water/milk to add to your espresso(s) dependent on the coffee drink you are making. Don’t be afraid to double-up on your pods, with double espressos as standard in specialty coffee shops (and indeed within high-street coffee chains, even though they typically use double the amount of water/milk for the equivalent drink).
Shipping and delivery
Free UK shipping
We offer free standard shipping on every order £35 and over delivered to the UK. No hidden charges apply.
For international delivery, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use the Royal Mail first class delivery service to fulfil our orders and subscriptions. Delivery days are Monday to Saturday.
For larger orders, we use courier services.
If you have any other queries, please email email@example.com and we’ll be on hand to help in any way we can.