To get the most out of your Toast Coffee Pods we’d recommend the following:
- Use the espresso function on your machine. Toast Coffee Pods have been designed to extract as an espresso, please use the espresso button on your machine and not the lungo or ristretto (if your machine has this setting) option when making your coffee
- Use filtered tap water, this will best showcase the flavour of the coffee. We’d particularly recommend this in areas of hard water, as hard water can lead to coffee tasting slightly flat and bitter
- Warm your cup, to retain the delicate flavours of the coffee. To do this we recommend running water from your machine into your cup, this will also help to rinse your machine
- Warm your milk (if applicable), to retain the delicate flavours of the coffee. For best results use whole milk as this will lead to a better texture and will make the coffee taste richer, sweeter and creamier, the difference in fat content is only between 1 and 2% and it makes such a difference to the taste – you will also find the coffee is naturally sweet which should negate the need to use sugar (which adds extra calories!).
- Make small drinks to fully appreciate the quality and delicate flavours of our single-origin specialty coffee. Please refer to our guidance, which is aligned with leading specialty coffee shops, on the volume of water/milk to add to your espresso(s) dependent on the coffee drink you are making. Don’t be afraid to double-up on your pods, with double espressos as standard in specialty coffee shops (and indeed within high-street coffee chains, even though they typically use double the amount of water/milk for the equivalent drink).
(guidance and instructions)
Whether you like your coffee short, long or milky there are a wide variety of coffee drinks that can be made using a Toast espresso pod as a base.
Single or double
Long black – single shot
Without a pod in your machine, press the espresso button to run water into your cup. Add a pod to your machine and drop an espresso into the water. If your preference is to take white, add a dash of warm milk
Long black – double shot
Without a pod in your machine, press the lungo button to run water into your cup. Add a pod to your machine and drop an espresso into the water and then repeat. If your preference is to take white, add a dash of warm milk
Instructions as per ‘Long Black’ with the difference being to make the espresso first and then drop water into the cup
Espresso with a dash of warm milk and a milk foam dot
Espresso with an equal volume of warm milk
To a single or double espresso add 3.5oz (100ml) of warm milk (with a little foam)
To a single or double espresso add 3.5oz (100ml) of warm milk (split equally between milk and foam)
To a double espresso add 5oz (140ml) of warm milk