Colombia (100 x Medium Espresso)
Regular price £39.00
A beautifully deep and complex coffee with a long smooth finish.
|Strength||5 / 7|
|Varietal||Castillo, Caturra, Cautai|
|Quality||84.5 (SCAA score)|
This beautiful coffee from Cauca, Colombia, is deep and complex with a ‘jammy’ mouthfeel. It has a long, smooth finish. its profile continues to improve and complexity increases as the coffee cools.
About the Coffee
This lot is sourced from the small farms surrounding Cauca. The coffee here is processed in the traditional way – dry fermented for up to 36 hours before being washed and left to dry under tarp to protect the coffee from Cauca's frequent rains.
In the few months of the harvest season, the coffee farmers come to town each Saturday to sell their coffee. The focus of the coffee farmers is on quality and not quantity. The higher the quality, the higher the premium they receive. Our focus is also on quality, as such we have paid a premium to support both the farmers and also to provide you with an outstanding high-grade coffee.
How to prepare
To get the most out of your Toast Coffee Pods we’d recommend the following:
- Use the espresso function on your machine. Toast Coffee Pods have been designed to extract as an espresso, please use the espresso button on your machine and not the lungo or ristretto (if your machine has this setting) option when making your coffee
- Use filtered tap water, this will best showcase the flavour of the coffee. We’d particularly recommend this in areas of hard water, as hard water can lead to coffee tasting slightly flat and bitter
- Warm your cup, to retain the delicate flavours of the coffee. To do this we recommend running water from your machine into your cup, this will also help to rinse your machine
- Warm your milk (if applicable), to retain the delicate flavours of the coffee. For best results use whole milk as this will lead to a better texture and will make the coffee taste richer, sweeter and creamier, the difference in fat content is only between 1 and 2% and it makes such a difference to the taste – you will also find the coffee is naturally sweet which should negate the need to use sugar (which adds extra calories!).
- Make small drinks to fully appreciate the quality and delicate flavours of our single-origin specialty coffee. Please refer to our guidance, which is aligned with leading specialty coffee shops, on the volume of water/milk to add to your espresso(s) dependent on the coffee drink you are making. Don’t be afraid to double-up on your pods, with double espressos as standard in specialty coffee shops (and indeed within high-street coffee chains, even though they typically use double the amount of water/milk for the equivalent drink).
Shipping and delivery
Free UK shipping
We offer free standard shipping on every order £35 and over delivered to the UK. No hidden charges apply.
For international delivery, please contact us at email@example.com.
We use the Royal Mail first class delivery service to fulfil our orders and subscriptions. Delivery days are Monday to Saturday.
For larger orders, we use courier services.
If you have any other queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be on hand to help in any way we can.