House Blend (100 x Strong Espresso)
Regular price £39.00
An outstanding coffee with a powerful and robust taste.
|Strength||7 / 7|
|Altitude||1,150 – 1,600m|
|Varietal||Yellow Bourbon, Castillo, Caturra, Cautai, Typica|
|Quality||84 (SCAA score)|
Our House Blend is an outstanding example of the very best coffee from around the world. We have selected and paired the finest coffees from Brazil, Colombia and Papua New Guinea to create a powerful, robust, yet smooth taste that compliments any event throughout the day.
About the Coffee
The Brazilian coffee in this blend is grown on Fazenda Pantano in the Minas Gerais region. This coffee is being processed the traditional natural way: the cherries are hand picked and immediately spread on raised African beds, allowing air to circulate and the beans to dry evenly. Yellow Bourbon is a special Arabica varietal that matures into a yellow cherry, rather than the more common red when ripe, and provides a sweet profile with just a hint of citrus acidity.
The Colombia in this blend is sourced from the small farms surrounding Pitalito, in Colombia’s Huila department. The coffee here is processed in the traditional way – dry fermented for up to 36 hours before being washed and left to dry under tarp to protect the coffee from Huila’s frequent rains.
The Papua New Guinea (PNG) coffee in this blend is grown in small plots in the Eastern Highlands and has been processed in the washed form. This is a great example of the very best of PNG coffees. PNG coffees are revered for their interesting acidity and high variety.
How to prepare
To get the most out of your Toast Coffee Pods we’d recommend the following:
- Use the espresso function on your machine. Toast Coffee Pods have been designed to extract as an espresso, please use the espresso button on your machine and not the lungo or ristretto (if your machine has this setting) option when making your coffee
- Use filtered tap water, this will best showcase the flavour of the coffee. We’d particularly recommend this in areas of hard water, as hard water can lead to coffee tasting slightly flat and bitter
- Warm your cup, to retain the delicate flavours of the coffee. To do this we recommend running water from your machine into your cup, this will also help to rinse your machine
- Warm your milk (if applicable), to retain the delicate flavours of the coffee. For best results use whole milk as this will lead to a better texture and will make the coffee taste richer, sweeter and creamier, the difference in fat content is only between 1 and 2% and it makes such a difference to the taste – you will also find the coffee is naturally sweet which should negate the need to use sugar (which adds extra calories!).
- Make small drinks to fully appreciate the quality and delicate flavours of our single-origin specialty coffee. Please refer to our guidance, which is aligned with leading specialty coffee shops, on the volume of water/milk to add to your espresso(s) dependent on the coffee drink you are making. Don’t be afraid to double-up on your pods, with double espressos as standard in specialty coffee shops (and indeed within high-street coffee chains, even though they typically use double the amount of water/milk for the equivalent drink).
Shipping and delivery
Free UK shipping
We offer free standard shipping on every order £35 and over delivered to the UK. No hidden charges apply.
For international delivery, please contact us at email@example.com.
We use the Royal Mail first class delivery service to fulfil our orders and subscriptions. Delivery days are Monday to Saturday.
For larger orders, we use courier services.
If you have any other queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be on hand to help in any way we can.