Decaf (100 x Light Espresso)
Regular price £39.00
A fantastic, smooth and creamy decaf coffee.
|Strength||4 / 7|
|Process||Washed, Swiss Water Decaffination|
|Varietal||Castillo, Caturra, Cautai|
|Quality||84.5 (SCAA score)|
We are very proud of our Swiss Water Decaf from Huila, Colombia, it has been a labour of love to perfect. It has a silky smooth body and delicate flavour profile, as the coffee cools the complexity of flavour increases with fruit notes coming through.
About the Coffee
This Swiss Water Decaf originates from Colombia’s Huila department. The soil and geography of Huila allows for outstanding, complex coffees to be grown. Our decaf coffee is a great example of the very best of both Colombian and decaf coffee.
The Swiss Water Decaffeination process starts by soaking green coffee in nearboiling water. This creates a solution containing the same concentration of proteins, sugars, fats, caffeine and other organic compounds contained in raw green coffee. The solution is then filtered through charcoal, which absorbs the very large caffeine molecules. New green coffee is then soaked in this solution; because it has the same amount of proteins, sugars etc., only the caffeine diffuses from the green coffee. This process is repeated to make the coffee decaffeinated.
How to prepare
To get the most out of your Toast Coffee Pods we’d recommend the following:
- Use the espresso function on your machine. Toast Coffee Pods have been designed to extract as an espresso, please use the espresso button on your machine and not the lungo or ristretto (if your machine has this setting) option when making your coffee
- Use filtered tap water, this will best showcase the flavour of the coffee. We’d particularly recommend this in areas of hard water, as hard water can lead to coffee tasting slightly flat and bitter
- Warm your cup, to retain the delicate flavours of the coffee. To do this we recommend running water from your machine into your cup, this will also help to rinse your machine
- Warm your milk (if applicable), to retain the delicate flavours of the coffee. For best results use whole milk as this will lead to a better texture and will make the coffee taste richer, sweeter and creamier, the difference in fat content is only between 1 and 2% and it makes such a difference to the taste – you will also find the coffee is naturally sweet which should negate the need to use sugar (which adds extra calories!).
- Make small drinks to fully appreciate the quality and delicate flavours of our single-origin specialty coffee. Please refer to our guidance, which is aligned with leading specialty coffee shops, on the volume of water/milk to add to your espresso(s) dependent on the coffee drink you are making. Don’t be afraid to double-up on your pods, with double espressos as standard in specialty coffee shops (and indeed within high-street coffee chains, even though they typically use double the amount of water/milk for the equivalent drink).
Shipping and delivery
Free UK shipping
We offer free standard shipping on every order £35 and over delivered to the UK. No hidden charges apply.
For international delivery, please contact us at email@example.com.
We use the Royal Mail first class delivery service to fulfil our orders and subscriptions. Delivery days are Monday to Saturday.
For larger orders, we use courier services.
If you have any other queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be on hand to help in any way we can.