Papua New Guinea (100 x Bold Espresso)
Regular price £39.00
A well-balanced coffee with a bright, clean taste.
|Strength||7 / 7|
|Quality||85 (SCAA score)|
Well-balanced with a bright, clean taste and a deep finish. A great example of the best coffee from Papua New Guinea
About the Coffee
Our coffee from Papua New Guinea is produced in the Kindeng region of the Western Highlands. The mill purchases cherry from smallholder farmers who each have about 1.5 hectares of land, growing about 2,500 trees per hectare. Through the centralised milling and drying, our partners on the ground control quality at the processing level: Day lots are cupped and separated to build our containers, and lots which are microlot worthy are processed separately.
The coffee is also processed in a vintage John Gordon–brand wet mill in an old
plantation left over from colonial times, which has taken years to establish a reputation of trust with the local tribes.
How to prepare
To get the most out of your Toast Coffee Pods we’d recommend the following:
- Use the espresso function on your machine. Toast Coffee Pods have been designed to extract as an espresso, please use the espresso button on your machine and not the lungo or ristretto (if your machine has this setting) option when making your coffee
- Use filtered tap water, this will best showcase the flavour of the coffee. We’d particularly recommend this in areas of hard water, as hard water can lead to coffee tasting slightly flat and bitter
- Warm your cup, to retain the delicate flavours of the coffee. To do this we recommend running water from your machine into your cup, this will also help to rinse your machine
- Warm your milk (if applicable), to retain the delicate flavours of the coffee. For best results use whole milk as this will lead to a better texture and will make the coffee taste richer, sweeter and creamier, the difference in fat content is only between 1 and 2% and it makes such a difference to the taste – you will also find the coffee is naturally sweet which should negate the need to use sugar (which adds extra calories!).
- Make small drinks to fully appreciate the quality and delicate flavours of our single-origin specialty coffee. Please refer to our guidance, which is aligned with leading specialty coffee shops, on the volume of water/milk to add to your espresso(s) dependent on the coffee drink you are making. Don’t be afraid to double-up on your pods, with double espressos as standard in specialty coffee shops (and indeed within high-street coffee chains, even though they typically use double the amount of water/milk for the equivalent drink).
Shipping and delivery
Free UK shipping
We offer free standard shipping on every order £35 and over delivered to the UK. No hidden charges apply.
For international delivery, please contact us at email@example.com.
We use the Royal Mail first class delivery service to fulfil our orders and subscriptions. Delivery days are Monday to Saturday.
For larger orders, we use courier services.
If you have any other queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be on hand to help in any way we can.